Monday, December 8, 2008

Blogging or the lack thereof



OK I have not posted a blog since July and I apologize! My wonderful sister-in-law set this blog up for me and I have not maintained it like I should have! I am sorry Alana! Please forgive me! I guess now that our Sunday school class is going to be using a blog I need to put a little more effort into my own.
Walker is 7 months old! I can't believe it! It seems like over night he went from this tiny helpless baby to an independent little boy! Alot has happened since my last blog so I'm not going to try to fill in every detail of the last few months but here are a few that are worth mentioning!
By 4 months of age Walker was rolling over, laughing, holding his own bottle, eating solid food and had gotten his first haircut! He was NOT sleeping through the night!
By 6 months of age Walker was saying Da-Da and good! He was crawling, using a sippy cup, sitting up by himself and had two teeth! He was NOT sleeping through the night!
Now here we are at 7 months! Walker is clapping and has almost figured out how to wave bye-bye! He is all over the place! He has discovered things in our home that I did not know existed!Walker loves to flirt! He also enjoys showing off in front of a crowd! He loves Moose A Moose on Noggin! He will stop whatever he is doing and just laugh when he hears Moose's voice. However, he is still NOT sleeping through the night!
I have tried everything! I even tried letting him cry it out! After one night of crying it out he was doing great and then he got an ear infection. It was all downhill after that. I just can't bring myself to let him cry now. I have just accepted the fact that I will not get eight straight hours of sleep until he is four or five years old and I am okay with that.
As I look back over the last seven months I laugh! Everything I said I would never do I have done...wasn't going to let him watch TV, never let him get off his "schedule"(what is a schedule anyway?), didn't want him to suck a pacifier and last but not least he was NOT going to sleep in the bed with us. Now, without Noggin or Baby Einstein I would never be able to shower, we have a routine which we often get out of, I would pay him to take a pacifier at 4 am(he refuses to take one unless it's been dipped in sweet tea) and just about every night you will find Walker right in the middle of OUR bed! I know I won't be up for the Mother of the Year award any time soon but I do know that I have a precious baby boy, who loves me unconditionally and has no idea that I am breaking every one of the Babywise rules! Our family is far from perfect but we couldn't be happier!
I guess my new years resolution will be to be a better blogger! I have no idea how to change the layout of my blog so if anyone can help me with I would appreciate it! I found the layouts on here but I want a cute background and don't know where to get it. I am computer illiterate!!!! I hope I can do better with my blog especially now that I know other "bloggers"!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Walker has grown so much! He is so cute. Check out www.thecutestblogontheblock.com for backgrounds. They have a huge selection!