Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A mini vaca, a very valuable Christmas card lesson and my overactive child

The last few days have flown by! Walker and I went to my parents for the weekend so my mom and I could do some Christmas shopping and so I could get some much needed relief!!!!!!!! Growing up I always wanted to be one of those "soccer moms" and now that I am one, well I guess it's more like a diaper mom or bottle mom, I have a whole new respect for them! I just thought they spent their days getting manicures, playing a little tennis, making daily drive thrus at Starbucks, picking up the dry cleaning, etc.... Boy, I was WRONG! I'm sure their are those that do this but they are either married to very wealthy men or they neck deep in credit card debt! I have never worked so hard in my life trying to keep one person happy! At the clinic where I worked I was the only x-ray tech taking & running x-rays, I helped run tests in the lab, performed nursing duties, helped out in the front office, catered to 4 unappreciative physicians and performed numerous other duties that were not in my job description for 40 plus hours a week and that job was nothing compared to working for Walker Banks Rushing! Now don't get me wrong I LOVE staying home with my sweet baby but just like with any job you need a vacation every once in awhile! So Walker and I go to my parents! It is there that I get uninteruppted sleep, diaper changes are limited, rarely do I have to fix a bottle and the I only way I know he has been bathed is because his hair is wet ,all thanks to my wonderful mother! She does everything and loves every minute she spends with, as she calls him, "her precious little angel". We then came home to finish Christmas shopping and get as much done as possible before this weekend gets here! It was a much needed break but at the same time it was also wonderful to come back home and have Walker all to myself and to see Marc!
This is my first year to send out Christmas cards so I ordered 40 only to run out before I could send them to all of our relatives! I saved 7 and have been sending them to friends as I recieve their cards. This may be tacky but it's the only way I knew to do it without hurting anyones feelings. I now have 1 left!!! So to anyone who didn't recieve a Christmas card from us please do not be offened! We love all of our freinds and family! I posted a pic of our card in hopes that it will cut down on the mean looks and cold shoulders I am destined to encounter over the next few weeks!! I hope I don't go to jail for posting it with all the copyright laws now! LOL! It was done by Callie Buckley! She is great photographer with unbelievable prices! Next year I will know to order more!
Anyone who has ever spent more than 10 minutes with my child knows that he is VERY active to say the least! Walker never stops moving, NEVER! I know what your thinking, 'Oh my child is or was the same way'. No you don't understand he is go, go, go twenty four hours a day! He was rolling over at 5 1/2 weeks old and army crawling by the time he was 5 1/2 months old. Walker has not even mastered sitting up without supporting himself with one arm because he won't be still long enough to try! So Walker has decided that 7 months of age he wants to see the world from a different view, a much higher view! Two days ago Walker started pulling up on everything! He now wants to stand! I woke up this morning to find him trying to stand up and crawl over me! I guess he was growing impatient and was just going to go fix his bottle himself! The only problem is that our hearth on the fireplace is the only thing in the house that is just the right height for him to pull up on! I knew he was going to start this and that he would begin to walk and I was looking forward to all of these things but I never thought it would happen this soon! He amazes me each and everyday! To watch this precious baby grow and change is more fun and more rewarding than anything I have ever experienced. I always have known that we have an amazing God but it wasn't until Walker was born that I realized just how incredible God is! As Christmas draws closer I am reminding myself that He truly is the reason for the season!




3 comments:

Tyanne said...

The constant movement is part of being a boy----Sam stops only under great protest. He is even in motion sitting at the table eating...he kicks he feet the whole time!!
Glad you had a great visit with your mom, everyone needs a break like that often!!! It keeps you sane!

Pamela said...

LOVE your Christmas card! So precious!!

Carrie said...

Don't you just love moms? My mom is the same way. And I absolutely love your cards - thanks for sending us one! It's on showcase in the kitchen. Yall have a Merry Christmas if I don't see you before Thursday (we missed this morning).