Friday, January 2, 2009

Birthday on the Brain!

Walker will not turn one until May 7 but for the last couple of weeks all I can think about is his first birthday party. Maybe this has something to do with the fact that I tend to be a lil' OCD when it comes to my child or maybe it's because I know that this party more is for our family and friends to get together and look back at his first year. Anyway, I have saved countless pictures and kept a file full of websites to return to. I have even picked out party favors and for the last few days I have even spent his nap time on the Internet googling party ideas when I should have been doing laundry. Let me just say....the majority of this stuff is so TACKY!!! I have also been trying to decide if I want a theme or not. I know after this year Walker will decide on the theme and I won't be able to do anything about it. I will have to suck it up and hang the batman pinata or pay someone to bake a cake in the shape of spider man. This led to my decision to go theme less:) I am sure by Monday I will be over it but for now I am in party planning mode!

1 comment:

Tyanne said...

I think I started planning Sarah's first birthday party when she was six months old! I have been mulling over Sam's for a few months before we decided on a train party next month!! I am with you on the batman and spiderman stuff....although last year we had a Mickey Mouse party that was actually pretty cute, not cheesy!