Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Bye, Bye, Bye

Walker has figured out how to wave bye, bye! Well sort of, he does it backwards sometimes but it's so cute! He now waves at everybody and everything! He waves to me, the cat, the dog, Marc, the lady at the grocery store! It's precious!!!!
This week has been very exciting and it's only Tuesday! I got a phone call yesterday that I have been waiting for....Walker will start Mother's Day Out Friday!!! I am very excited! He will only be going one day a week for now, which will be plenty! I really want Walker to be around other children and since we aren't planning on having another baby anytime soon this was our only option. This comes at a perfect time...I was informed Sunday when I picked him up from the nursery, that he doesn't like for other children to get into his personal space!:) I must admit, at first I was a little offended,! I mean he is 7 months old for crying out loud, how do they know what he likes! I can't understand baby language, maybe the other kid threatened to steal his bottle or something! Then I realized it was an innocent remark and I came to the conclusion that most people don't like for others to get in their personal space so Walker is completely normal! Hopefully being around other babies at MDO will help Walker with his people skills ;) I also realized Sunday that there is an area of motherhood that I am struggling with...the random comments from people, some complete strangers, about my child. I am VERY sensitive and get my feelings hurt very easily!!!! That is probably one of the main reasons I didn't enjoy pregnancy! Anywho, it dawned on me Sunday that I need to figure out a way to grin and bear it when someone says something about Walker that I don't agree with because over the next say fifty or sixty years, if I live that long, it will happen a lot!!! In my eyes Walker is flawless but not everyone else will see him this way! I also am beginning to understand why mothers of terror tots(as I call them) think their children are well behaved little angels. In a mother's eyes her child can do no wrong and when they do it is the parents responsibility to point it out and not anyone else's! Unless of course, the child's behavior is harmful to another child or adult. I also realized that other children are going to be mean to my baby one day and there won't be a lot that I can do about it! I don't know what kept my mother from marching out on the playground and jacking a few jaws when I would come home from school crying! I guess keeping your cool and having thick skin is just part of being a mom! A part that will take a lot of getting used to because after all in my eyes, Walker IS perfect, well most of the time;)
Here is a picture of my "PERFECT" baby waving bye, bye backwards!

2 comments:

Pamela said...

I love this post!! So true! I really had a problem with unsolicited comments while I was pregant....mostly I guess because they were weight comments....I never understood that! Who talks about a pregnant woman's weight?!! People make comments about Murphy sucking his fingers ALL the time. It bothers me too...so you're not the only one:)

Carrie said...

I COMPLETELY understand. I had total strangers come up to me at the grocery store or mall and say "oh honey i'm so sorry...her hair will lay down one day" or "oh my son's hair did that too" with a look of disgust on their face. I would come home crying! Then this kid pushed MC and their mother just stood there and did nothing! I came unglued! I think you learn that kids will be kids and adults can be unbelievable sometimes.