Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year's Eve

I apologize for my lack of creativity! I haven't been able to come up with any catchy titles. Writer's block I guess! HA! HA! This is the second year in a row that we have had a very low key new year's eve. Last year I was pregnant and this year we wanted to be with Walker, so two of our best friends came over(they are expecting their first child in May) and we ate dinner. We spent the entire evening talking about babies and how much life changes after you become a parent. We had a wonderful time! Walker woke up around 11 so instead of putting him back to bed we chose to let him ring in the new year with us! He fell asleep at 11:57! Party pooper! After Blake and Mary left we all 3 got in the bed and I laid there thanking God for every breath Walker took for about 5 minutes then thanked him for an extraordinary year! This year has had way more ups than downs! Although some of my family members and friends have had to cope with illness, tragic accidents, death, financial downs and ups Marc and I have been very fortunate. All of these things hit home and affected me but not directly and for that I am eternally grateful! My heart breaks for those who have suffered and I pray for them everyday!
My new year's resolution(I hate making these) is to try to be more positive about everything! It will be hard especially this month...the inauguration, our country's financial situation, etc.....but I am going to pray really hard and put it in God's hands.
On a lighter note....I can't wait to see what 2009 has in store! I don't know if it can be better than 2008! We celebrated our first wedding anniversary, welcomed a precious baby boy into the world, I was able to have my precious grandfather around for another year and so much more! Life in '08 has been GREAT!!!! We have spent New Years day watching the Tournament of Roses parade and eating grilled cheese sandwiches. We also took a 2 hour nap! Here a few pics from last night and today.




Walker in his Hugh Hefner pj's


1 comment:

Tyanne said...

I love those PJ's, they are too precious! We all ushered in the New Year asleep! Hope this year is just as exciting and rewarding as this past one!