Sunday, February 8, 2009

Mama's Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Cowboys!

I love the rodeo! I know it's little redneck but I'm a little redneck! I have been going since I was a little girl and I always look forward to it coming to town every year. Marc and I decided that we were going to take Walker to the livestock barn and let him see a few bulls, horses, etc... So Saturday we dressed up in our rodeo attire and headed to the coliseum. Once we got there we decided to take a $50 chance(that's how much our tickets were) and take Walker to the actual rodeo. I have taken Walker to several football games and a basketball game and he didn't love it! Loud noises and crowds just don't seem to be his thing so I was a wee bit nervous about how he would react to fireworks, loud buzzers, a concert and enormous animals all over the place. Well he LOVED it! He watched every minute of it except for the nap he took during the concert. He never cried or got scared! Marc and I were both in shock! We left after the concert and met my parents, my brother and his girlfriend who were in town for a basketball tournament. Nana and Pappy(my parents) took Walker through the livestock barn for a second time and bought him a cowboy hat(that he wore all night and today). We had so much fun!!! Here are a few pics of my lil' cowboy! My only fear is that if Walker realizes how cute he looks in that cowboy hat he may just want to be a cowboy when he grows up and I don't know if I could handle that!

No comments: