Thursday, March 26, 2009

I went and got creative!

I needed to buy a couple of inexpensive baby gifts for some friends and then realized that there is no such thing as an inexpensive baby gift! I racked my brain for a couple of days trying to decide what to do. At first I thought I will just buy diapers but this is the first child for both of these girls so I wanted to give them something a lil' more special although after the baby gets here they will wish that I ad given them diapers! I can remember people giving me diapers and being kinda disappointed. That sounds horrible I know! I was very appreciative but I remember thinking, "diapers are NO fun!" then Walker arrived and I realized that diapers were better than GOLD!!! I remember telling Marc, "I wish everybody would have just given us diapers!" because at the time we were going through them like crazy!!!! So I searched website after website, then ebay and found nothing! I then looked on Etsy and saw some cute hair clips with flowers attached to them but they were six dollars or more a piece plus shipping! That meant I could only buy one or two per person! So I decided to make my own! Well, now I know why they were six dollars! It took me ALL day to make twelve! I did have fun doing it and I think they turned out pretty cute! I even used Walker as my model to see if they would stay in a baby's hair and they did! My husband would probably divorce me if he knew that I put a flower in Walker's hair so let's just keep that little tidbit between us! Here is how they turned out. After I took these pics I attached them to cardstock and tied a ribbon at the top. It was a fun project and I will probably do more of these in the future as baby gifts! Ya'll know how much I love hair and I think every little girl needs a cute accessory attached to her head!





This was my mess!!!

3 comments:

Tyanne said...

Very cute and creative!! Good for you!

Pamela said...

You go girl!! Practicing for the future??????

Alana said...

Cari!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are precious! Where are Loni's????