Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Jesus, Bird and a Nosebleed

Life at the Rushing residence has been pretty quiet. I am in full party planning mode! Walker's first birthday is coming up and I am trying to make sure everything is in order. Is it horrible for me to say I am dreading his birthday? I just know that after May he won't be a baby anymore and that hurts my heart! :( He is talking up a storm now. He talks in baby language constantly! As much as I look forward to him being able to tell me what he wants or needs, I am going to miss the gibber jabber he runs around saying. His new favorite word is bird but it sounds more like "burr". He points to the sky and says, "burr, burr". This morning he was pointing to the sky and saying, "burr" when Marc asked him where Jesus lived and he looked up and said, "Dee-Zus"(Jesus)! I got all weepy eyed!

Tonight we were watching Idol and I'm not sure if Walker was jealous of all the attention we were giving Danny, Chris and Adam or if he just wanted Lil' Rounds to stop singing but out of the blue he just slams his face against the floor. He started crying so we all jump up, Mimi grabbed him and I see blood gushing out of his nose. OK so it wasn't gushing it was trickling but at the time I thought he was going to need a blood transfusion. If you could have only seen the hysteria that ensued after the nosebleed started! I snatched him up and almost started CPR, I was yelling for an ice pack(like Walker was really going to let me hold him down and apply an iceberg to his nose for 10 minutes!) I almost called the ambulance! I tend to be a lil' dramatic but for this performance i deserved an Oscar! Thank goodness we were at Marc's parents so his mom was able to assure me that he would be fine and that no immediate medical attention was needed. Mimi took Walker outside which ceased the crying and gave Marc and I a chance to regain our composure. I didn't calm down until I had googled his injury and read the protocol and treatment for such an injury. I knew this would happen because his one year pics are going to be taken this weekend and it just wouldn't be our style to have pics taken without some kind of injury to the face! I'm sure his nose will be normal tomorrow but right now I am picturing him waking up with a black eye and looking like Pinocchio's second cousin! It's proabably a good thing that Walker can't talk in sentences right now because after sustaining such a "serious" injury I would go out and buy whatever would make him feel better at this very moment be it some bubbles or a sports car! Here is a pic for Nana of Walker and his injury.

4 comments:

Tyanne said...

Photoshop can fix any manner of boo-boos....trust me!!!Anytime the kids hit their head I think they are going to need brain surgery...I tend to think the worst!!

Sandra said...

Are you trying to make Nana sick? I feel like I am going to throw up.

Pamela said...

oh my!! The first of many, I'm sure;) (but hopefully not TOO many:))I would've been histerical too. Murphy has fallen and hit his head on the corner of the shoe molding and it left a huge bump, but it never started bleeding...of course, I thought that he was bleeding internally:) HEE HEE!

Alana said...

Bless that baby's heart. :(