Tuesday, May 12, 2009

What a Weekend! WHEW!



I am still trying to recover from this weekend! Saturday we had Walker's first birthday party. We had so much fun! Walker was an angel all day. He never got fussy, he entertained everybody and flirted with the older girls in attendance! He SMASHED his smash cake! Cake was EVERYWHERE!!! He had cake in his hair, all over his clothes and even rubbed it in his eyes! He didn't however, enjoy opening presents! I considered mentioning it to his doctor when we went in for his one year checkup on Monday. That just isn't normal! Everybody likes opening presents. I had so much fun planning Walker's party and can't wait to do it again next year. Only next year I wil hire someone to come in as soon as the guest leave to clean my house! It took me all night to get things back in order. I would like to take this time to thank my mother who stayed and entertained my child while I cleaned. Mom, thanks for all your help! I couldn't have done it without you!
Sunday was Mother's Day and it was wonderful! It was also Baby Dedication at our church. I was so excited! Walker was born the week of Mother's day last year so he wasn't able to be dedicated until this year. I had such high hopes for this day and this special ceremony. My parents, brother, grandparents and Marc's parents were all there which was so special but things didn't exactly go as I had planned. Walker pitched a fit the ENTIRE time we stood down front! So if you were there and were wondering who the terror tot was down front acting like a brat, it was my child. I apologize to anyone who tried to capture this ceremony on and camera because you probably can't hear anything for Walker screaming!!!I was mortified! After church we were all able to go and have lunch together which was GREAT! No one had to cook or clean which was a gift in it's self. Here are a few pics!

3 comments:

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Love your blog ....stopped by from Kelly's..

Great pictures

Carrie said...

Walker's tractor party is too cute! I love the cake. I know if my husband had his way our daughter, Allie Claire's 1st birthday would have a farm theme! Yikes!

The Morris Family said...

Farm parties are always so fun for boys!! It looks great from the pics, alot of work too!!
My # on Kellys blog was #256, Princess party.

nice to meet your family!!

Cindy