Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Thinking Outside Er, Inside the Box

Lately Walker has become obsessed with getting in boxes. Strange I know. He also doesn't like Little Debbie Oatmeal Cream Pies. CRAZY! Don't worry I'm calling his doctor to address both of these issues ;)So tonight I managed to sneak a couple of pics of him in the oh so very strange places. The green thing is a mesh clothes hamper shaped like a frog that has now been converted into a toy box for the time being. He empties all the toys out of it and crawls into it and just lays there and thinks or whatever it is that one year olds do while cramped into a very small place. It is kind of funny when he tries to get out! I will be purchasing him a tent to sit and think in very soon because the mesh hamper/toy box is not kid friendly at all.


I have to brag about my little boy for a paragraph or two. Tonight after he finished his dinner he was sitting in his high chair and I started singing the ABC's. I sing it to him everyday. So tonight I'm singing and I sing, "A,B,C,D,E,F" and Walker out of no where says, "G"! Then I sing, "H,I,J,K,L,M,N,O" and Walker says, "P!" and then I sing, "Q,R,S,T,U,V,W,X,Y" and Walker says,"Z". I couldn't believe it. I very impressed. Everyday he says a new word. He still walks around jabbering like he's been working in one of those Korean nail salons for the last 14 months but he is starting say real words and this means we have to start watching what we say and do. Walker loves the map on the cartoon Dora the Explore or Dora the Mexican as Marcus calls it. If Marcus went to Wal Mart every once in awhile he would no better than to teach our son racial discrimination at such a young age. How am I supposed to explain to Juan why my child is calling his daughter Dora the Mexican. Tonight when I was getting him out of the tub he popped me on my arm and said,"No, No!". He only heard me say "No, No!" about 1,982,983,920 times today. Even with the nagatives of him repeating some of the things we say his new vocabulary is making life so much easier. It's so nice for him to be able to tell me when he wants a cack-ka(cracker) or nummy-nummy(real food).
I took this picture of Walker and my brother this weekend. I love it!!! They were looking at each other so sweet. Of course this was before Walker gave my brother and my mom the stomach virus. Not sure that my brother would be looking at him this sweet right now. HA!

2 comments:

Tyanne said...

That pic is so sweet. I have a tent in my living room permanently I think...they like to get in it and watch tv!!!

Carrie said...

Oh don't worry about bragging on Walker! We love to hear what he's doing and how he's progressing (is that the right word?). Anyway, I guess I brag on MC all the time but I'm just amazed at what she learns everyday...and so excited that I have to tell someone. Vocabulary is great! That is impressive! Go Walker!