Friday, July 9, 2010

26 months

It's been awhile since I since I have done a post about Walker and what he is doing. Since he turned two just a couple of months ago and I am too lazy to walk into his bedroom, pull out his baby book and jot it down I am just gonna type it here for future reference. This means that some of you will have no interest in this whatsoever...and I totally understand.
So Walker at 26 months you are:
-Still sleeping ALL NIGHT LONG. Can I get an "Amen"
-Still taking 3 hours naps. Can I get a "Hallelujah"
-Your vocabulary is out of this world. You can carry on a conversation with me, your daddy, strangers in Wal Mart and yourself. I often hide and listen to you playing in the playroom. It's so fun to listen to you pretend.
-You have a girlfriend. You told me this the other day in the car. I misunderstood and thought her name was Katherine. Ummm no, it's Kaitlyn. Your MDO teacher clarified this yesterday. Apparently you and Kaitlyn are all BFF during play time. Not sure how I feel about this. I know your just two but my mind flashes forward to you being sixteen and saving all your allowance to buy some chick a Christmas present. I'm not looking forward to the day you bring home the girl your going to marry and she has a belly button ring, is wearing too much makeup and has a fake tan in the middle of winter. However if you have the same taste in girls that your daddy does this is exactly what will happen ;)
-You are using the potty but not consistently. You have pooped in it twice. You will do number one if you aren't wearing a diaper or undies but if I cover your bottom and you forget a potty ever existed. Your MDO teacher told me that yesterday you used the potty and if I would bring pull ups she would work on this with you. I almost passed out. Really. It was as if all at once a halo appeared above her head and she had these beautiful billowing wings. I felt like I should tip her or something. If she can help get you potty trained then she will not be getting the usual Yankee Candle at the end of the summer...more like something expensive and shiny. Diamonds perhaps :)
-You are sleeping on a nap mat at MDO so we are thinking about moving you to a toddler bed at the end of the summer.
-You say the blessing before dinner and it usually goes like this-
"Thank you for da food. Thank you for Mommy, Daddy & Walker. Amen"
Two nights ago you did thank God specifically for your roll. This proves you are my child because you share my abundant love for carbohydrates.
-You are getting so tall and thin!
-You love broccoli, bananas, popcorn and dough nuts.
-You have been to the movies twice! First to see Shrek with all of your cousins, Mommy, Daddy, Uncle David, Aunt Meg and Aunt Alana. Then I took you to see Toy Story 3 with Jake, Baker and Aunt Meg. You did GREAT both times.
-You have awesome manners. You almost always say please, thank you and yes sir.
-When I ask you how much Mommy loves you, you reply TOO MUCH! It's adorable. And just for the record that's not possible! I could never in a million years love you too much!
-You are for sure going through the terrible two's and the spanking spoon was recently replaced with a paint stirrer. Those spoons aren't cheap especially when you lose them every other day! Paint stirrers are Fah-Ree when you know the right people. I recently read Don't Make Me Count To Three and it has helped tremendously!
-We are still working on identifying letters, numbers and shapes. You watch videos made by Preschool Prep Company when we are in the car and they are great! It amazes me how fast you learn.
-You love to tell me stories and are always asking me to tell you one. You aren't into reading books or rather having me read you a book. You get bored before I can turn the first page. I also would like to add that you often use this "Tory Please!" as a way to put off going to bed because you know I can't tell you no!
-You love playing with tractors, bulldozers and animals. You would play outside all day if I would let you!!!
-We recently finished your first set of swimming lessons and you did great! I will definitely sign you up again but it will be for private lessons. Not sure that I got my money's worth with you in a group with three other kids.
-You are not afraid of anything and full of energy. You run everywhere.you.go! This means you almost always have a boo-boo of some kind. Today it's your top lip. You fell while busting a move on the concrete last night.
-My favorite things to hear you say right now are "Mommy where AAARRREEE you?","Uh-Huh" and "ESSS". We are working on you saying "Yes mam" and "No mam" but it's so cute when we ask you something and you respond, "Essss!".I almost hesitate to correct you.
Everyday that passes you become more and more fun. I never thought I could love someone so much but I do and I'm so thankful that God blessed your daddy and I by placing you in our lives. Although there are times I want to hide in my closet, curl up in the fetal position and cry until your daddy gets home.
I love you baby boy! I treasure each moment I get with you and often I remind myself through out the day that you won't be little long. I wish I could stop time...you are growing up way too fast!

3 comments:

Pamela said...

In the picture by the rocks he looks JUST like Marcus to me!

Carrie said...

Oh you are cracking me up! Hilarious!

Tyanne said...

So cute!!